Monday, March 31, 2008

I want to be Possible...

I want to be Possible

The teacher, as usual asked her class what each wanted to become when they grew up.

A chorus of responses came from all over the room.

"A football player," "A doctor," "An astronaut," "The president,"

"A fireman," "A teacher," "A race car driver."

Everyone that is, except little Ronnie.

The teacher noticed he was sitting there quiet and still.

So she said to him, “Ronnie, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"Possible" Ronnie replied.

"Possible?" asked the teacher.

"Yes," Ronnie said. "My mom is always scolds me, telling me I'm impossible. So when I get to be big, I want to be possible."

Did you face this issue any time in your life as a child?

Here's a message that needs to be filled into the hearts and minds of every mom and dad: You don't love your kids because of what they do, but because of who they are.

Simply rewarding children with affection because of their accomplishments is like a circus trainer giving a dog some food every time he jumps through a hoop. The dog isn't loved for himself, but for his actions.

You don't show affection simply because a child is good at karate or gymnastics. Every mom, dad and grandparent needs to memorize the words of a long-time popular song: "I love you most of all because you're you."

Then all the children will carry good attitude in their life ahead.

"As the child is the father of man"

No comments: