Monday, March 31, 2008

A Sacred Struggle...

A Sacred Struggle

A man went to a shop, picked up a beautiful cup and said “My God! This cup is so beautiful.''

Suddenly the cup started talking to the man. ‘Oh, man, I am beautiful right now, but what was the state of my being before the pot maker made me so beautiful?'

I was sheer mud when the potter pulled me out from mother earth. I felt wreathed in tremendous pain while being separated from mother earth. But the potter said, 'JUST WAIT '. Then he churned me. I felt giddy when I was churned, and asked him 'Why are you so cruel?' The potter said 'JUST WAIT '. Then he put me into an oven and heated me up. I felt completely burnt. There was tremendous pain and I asked him again 'why are you so cruel?’ He said ' JUST WAIT.'

After that he poured hot paint on me n I felt the fumes and irritation. I again asked him 'Why are you so cruel? ' He said again ' JUST WAIT '. He put me into an oven and heated me to make me strong; I felt life was so painful hence pleaded with the potter to leave me free. He said 'JUST WAIT '. And finally he took me to a mirror and said ' Now look at yourself''. Lo, what a change! I found myself so beautiful. ''

We have to wait; our struggles have a cosmic purpose. When per agenda is not fulfilled, it gives us pain. But universe has its own plans. We have to wait and make our struggles sacred. Greatness lies not in being strong but in the right use of scared strength.

Contributed by: naila rubab (me.rubab@yahoo.com)

No comments: