Monday, July 21, 2008

Some Points to Ponder...


haveagreatdaypinkheart4.gif picture by arti810

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events,
have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't
arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

-Unknown

We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp... some are
pretty...

some are dull... some have weird names... and all are different
colors....

But they all have to learn to live in the same box

-Unknown

The moment of victory is much too short to live for that and nothing
else.

-Martina Navratilova

Wanting to reform the wicked with nectar-sweet advice, is like
trying to control an elephant with the pith of a lotus-stem, or
cutting a diamond with delicate petals of the flower, or
sweetening the salty ocean with a drop of honey.

-Subhashita

Why are people so afraid? The answer is that they have made
themselves helpless and dependent on others.
We are so lazy, we do not want to do anything ourselves.
We want a Personal God, a Savior or a Prophet to do everything for
us.

-Swami Vivekananda

Some things cannot be spoken or discovered until we have been stuck,
incapacitated, or blown off course for awhile. Plain sailing is
pleasant,but you are not going to explore many unknown realms that
way.

-David Whyte

image002-1.gif picture by arti810

No comments: